Monday, September 24, 2007

TERM BREAK!!! Then why am I here studying?

Finally, the term break, the sun, the sand, and the..... homework? WTH.. Why am I stuck behind studying for the modules when I'm suppose to be out playing man... I can't even concentrate... The drama "Great Teacher Onizuka" is super inspirational and fun... Been watching it on crunchyroll.com... It's so much more enlightening watching the students in the show smile and laugh than the people around me mugging till the ends of the world... -.-

Well, got to be happy for what I am and what I have. Some people prefer that their path is inevitable and prioritized. I won't blame them anymore... I've got no right to do so... "You should be you" That's what Onizuka said.. Sometimes he makes teaching so much fun but in real fact it's quite stressful. But what's more fruitful than seeing your students be your friends and receiving the "thanks" they give after every commendable thing teachers do. Teachers are still human, there will be times that they don't know what we ask from them... That's when students take advantage of the situation and turn tables. An understanding class(including teacher) is a fun class... I remember the days when I had so much fun with all the teachers, talking to them, helping them, talking about my classmates problems and how to help them. And I thought being caring would be a good virtue, when comes to Uni, everyones a critic.

I still remember in a newspaper there used to be a comic strip that showed quited an ugly woman(as a comic character) going through a beauty parlor and coming out as a beauty. Then it stated above the comic strip, "Beauty is only skin deep". I think trust is also only skin deep, when you don't look trustable, people just naturally try to avoid you. I won't deny that I don't trust a few people in my life, most of the time I don't even trust my parents because I already know their pattern. But if I don't trust or gain the trust of the people around me, I don't feel angry, I just feel sad. It's either I lose a friend or I don't gain any. It's totally out of my agenda in school... I wanted to have a new life in Uni, to find friends I can chill out with, who trusts me and who wants to talk to me because they want to. But it's just so hard to get them, everyone had their own friends to start with from the previous institutes. But Uni is still so much fun to explore than trying to salvage for friends... Being alone is just a phase in life we all must go through once in a while...

You know what? I think I'm just finding excuses, I'm weak to start off... I may be wild and have many dumb ideas but dumb ideas don't get any attention from the intellectuals you see in school. All they do is say "mug" or "study" or "mug". O.O Exactly, they only say these few stuff... Well at least towards me, then with their own clique, they start yapping on some topic that I can't participate in. What a bummer... that's what you can expect from a person like me... Haha... Doesn't matter...

Shu Ying did say that she'll be studying in the library with me, but I bet she either forgets for have too much to do in lab, as usual. I shouldn't place too much hope on things which are intangible... As one would say, "With great expectations, the greater the disappointment" or "The bigger they are, the harder they fall". However, I would like her to take things slowly and prioritize her work properly, it's easy to say but hard to do. Whatever it is, we're still human, when there's a need to rest, then we should rest. Even machines can break down, not to mention erythrocytes(matured red blood cells), they only last about 120 days.

Vanessa reminds me of Tomoko in GTO, silly/ditz but with good intentions. Probably that's why I like stroking her hair. Unlike Vanessa herself, she also reminds me of very good junior I once had who looked up on me whenever she's got problem with school. Van in other words, have still much to be discovered.

Yanlin is still as muggish ever since she stepped into Uni. It's not that I'm refraining her from studying but she's almost quite ultimate. I also wish she chooses the correct time to study whenever I approach her to talk. I don't intend to read between the lines of her actions and tone of conversation but if there's always something to be said, then say it. I'm not the brightest or most handsome guy in the university, but at least I'm someone who wants to know you more...

Jans called out my name today, she was in front of me before she called me. I merely smiled and say hi before walking pass her. You may wonder, aren't I the one who wanted to talk to her? Yes I do, but I after the quarrel with her choice of friendship and priorities, you think it's still an appropriate time to talk to her? I'm not the one who backed out on friends, I don't need her to call out my name, any Tom, Dick and Harry can do that, I need her to willingly talk to me...

I've not been talking to Mus as frequently as we used to. I don't really know what happened up till now. His actions and tone changed drastically, he's not as enthusiastic as he used to be also. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but that's I know from my side. I hope he takes things easy and study hard for his last year on Uni... Not everything is a bed of roses, we lose battles but never lose the war...

I'm not progressive in my studies, first it was the thought of money that makes me sick, now it's the thought of studying like mad that makes me mad. I'm being more of a text book than being a wise man. I'm just merely reading out of books and memorizing them, it's becoming more of a headache for me than a breeze. I still like what I'm doing, Life Science, it's something we are brunching out to. Potent drugs(pharmacological terms means medicine or chemicals that have interactions with the biological systems) are needed for vaccines and cures. There's not much time, there is a need for more intellectuals. Even so, it makes me sadder that people like me are left behind, no matter how much I've desired to help the people fight against the diseases. If doctors can have fun while being in hospitals, talking to patients and nurses and colleagues, why can't a lab researcher who is under Life Science do the same thing? Why can't people loosen up even during work? I just really can't understand...

It's been some time since I've blogged. Blogging is like a secrecy to liking someone, when you think of someone, the first thing you want to do is think of what can you do to get her attention. Similar to blogging, when you see something, you also would want to think of what to type in. It's periodical that you 'see her' but when things between you and 'her' don't go right, then the 'relationship' ends...

"You don't have to be a friend to have guts, but you need to have guts to be a friend"
The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home