Thursday, January 07, 2010

Life of a Researcher - Chronicles Log 3

Life wasn't so happy for the beginning of this year, I kinda gotten into many many mishaps. I found myself in some crazy chase on what to do for Cosfest and how am I to go about formulating the protocol for the IPS cells. Been in several arguments that were repetitive and incomplete. Things get worst by having injuries added to it. At a point in time I was too frustrated to think straight and was almost in the verge of just scolding everyone. But somehow, I was able to keep my anger to myself but became depressed for awhile.

I am very grateful that my partner was able to tolerate my ranting (even though I could see in her eyes that she was getting fedup) and forgave me for whatever harsh things I said out pertaining to the situation. Of course, I did thank her personally for her patience. There is one thing that I hope she as well as everyone else would learn from it - when you want to care or volunteer to provide a listening ear, divert ample attention on the task that you are doing. Don't try to leave things hanging as it will irritate and upset the person who is already upset. It is similar to clinical trials, when we search and test for potential good drugs, we must understand and pay attention to the participants that we are giving the medication to. This is a form of patient importance, where we pay attention to what the patient is concerned in rather than just good results.

Another thing is that when we say that we are, we must be what we are or at least try to be what we are. To phrase it in another way, "we talk the talk, but do we walk the walk?". When one say that he/she likes cosplay, then do it with style. Don't just do a costume for the sake of it, but with heart and soul put into it. Of course, as future researchers, we don't have the time for such things, but this is where we manage our time by planning. Thus, by productive, plan ahead and focus. Don't dilly dally, nothing will be done just by sitting down. I hope the time left now is sufficient for a proper armor to be produced, I don't want to re-live the traumatic events.

I've yet to get the recommendation letters for my new job. I hope to get them soon. Besides, my application will only be endorsed on the 10th Jan and it will take another 2 - 3 weeks. Hope that everything will be fine...

The Mixed Boy

1 Comments:

Anonymous IP Camera said...

thanks for share!!!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home