Sunday, March 05, 2006

What an unlucky day... Oh well, glad that's over...

I never knew so many things could happen in just a day… Just this morning about 2am, I was talking to my friend. I was a little bored so I just wanted someone to talk to. Unfortunately, she and I could not agree with some issues and ended up quarreling instead… NO she’s not my girlfriend… Just a girl + friend… Anyway, that’s not important, the bottom line is that I had a misunderstanding with her and didn’t feel so good after that…

Ok, that’s no problem, my bad then… So with no one to talk to, I resort to playing games… I played my games till about 3 plus in the morning. Just remembered that I have a soccer match together with my brother in NTU the very same morning. OH NO!!! So I immediately pop myself into bed and started sleeping.

“Hey wake up, HEY wake up…” The sounds of my brother waking me up from my wonderful sleep.. WTH.. I asked my brother what time is it and he told me it is already 0750hrs. We were supposed to reach Jurong Point bus interchange by 0830hrs. Oh Crap… I stumbled out of bed and took a quick shower, combed my hair, put on a cap, and rushed down stairs with my bag. Had a slight indigestion but managed to eat something and drank milo. Once we reached NTU, we changed and got ready for the match. I was expecting someone to pass me a pair of boots, because I don’t have any, but no one offered me one. Well, it’s ok, so I used my brother’s street soccer shoes. The shoes formed a slippery layer between the soles and the grass, but that’s what I have left to put onto my feet. We walked over to the field just to be advised from the cricket club to move to the extreme side of the field as they have booked it for their practice. Well, that’s not really a problem. The problem started to arise when they members started moving one of the other goal posts from the booked field to our side of the field and just left it there. It was rather impolite of them to place it there. A misunderstanding broke up and well not really good language was used… We managed to break the two misunderstood people and began our match, peacefully. I was the goalkeeper and the rest had their positions ready. The overall game play was fine; the bad thing was that I fell twice, once sideways and eventually sitting onto my right ankle, the other forward, bruising my left knee. Now, I have a wound on my left knee and a sprained ankle on the right foot. I don’t believe this; I will be out of action in running for at least a few weeks. That’s not what I want.. But life’s like that… Probably there are so many people hating me that my Karma dropped ten folds.

After the match, my brother and I went back home. I told myself that I must complete at least a few chapters of my genetics. Haha… I didn’t manage to complete even 1/5 of my notes and yet slept like a pig for many hours. So demoralizing. Ok, it’s ok, no problem, just wake up and continue studying. My mom then called me to have my dinner. I went down, placed my mobile phone on my books and collected my dinner. I was about to remove the books (forgetting that my mobile phone was one it) when I heard a crashing sound.. IT WAS MY MOBILE PHONE…. ARRRHHH!!!! Do you know what’s the best part? There’s this key chain I got at the Valentine’s Day bazaar, it’s the mini keychain test tube with my name in it. It broke… IT BROKE!!! ARRRHHH!!!! Broke and the beads and plastic-glass were everywhere… I had to pick them up otherwise someone would get hurt… Guess what happened? Haha… I cut myself with the plastic-glass. Yup, my finger kept on bleeding. I quickly picked everything up and went to wash my hand. Stopped the bleeding but had to use a plaster. Somehow the keychain being broke met some bad omen or something, to me it symbolized something bad. Nah.. Nothing to ponder about..

About 7 plus, I followed my brother to NUH to see a friend, guessed I followed my brother because he needed the company. I brought my laptop just in case I could do some work in NUH. Been there for about 4 hours plus and to conclude that I really sprained my right ankle because my foot is swelling now. I couldn’t stand that long but I kept the pain to myself. Balancing with only my left leg, I stood observing our friend for awhile before going to the guest room to finish this blog. About halfway through, my brother came in and told me that he was ready to go home. So I packed up and proceeded to the Taxi stand to catch a cab. Hahaha… I have a lot of stories to tell today, the driver is an old man and he sped along the highway as if it belonged to him. I guess he was EXTREMELY tired, because at a traffic light, when it was green at our side, he remained stagnant for awhile before moving off. And when proceeding nearer to our set of blocks, his vehicle starts to jerk. Not because of the vehicle, but the driver that controls it. When my brother and I repetitively told him to turn left or right, he would first do a harsh break before making the turn very, very slowly. Hahaha… he is just tired. Hope he goes somewhere to rest before he continues with his job. Hmmmm…

Well, I’m back now… washed up and ready to do some work… I guess… Anyway, I hope I also did not forget to add any strange events that happened today. Bottom line is that it is really an unlucky day - I’m injured and yet have not done any work. Going to get screwed man… Hahaha.. Tomorrow there are lots of things to do too, especially with lab practical, lectures and then meeting. Hmmm… Oh well, life’s like that… Everyone has his or her own story to tell. Here is mine. Though it’s a painful experience but I have to bear with it. Not many people want to hear about it, so might as well type it down and let them choose whether they want to read it or not. It beats finding people to talk to. Sometimes when you have no one to talk to, the wall is the best alternative… Hahaha… Well, better end here.. No more stories = no more injuries… Hahaha… However, no matter whether it is an unlucky day or sprained my foot, I’m still running, it’s not going to bring me down… As long as I understand what I live for, that’s the most important thing…

Injured Tired

The Mixed Boy

2 Comments:

Blogger Natascha said...

Hey jo..

It's inspiring to see how your view of life and it's craziness has changed so much. After reading your long entry, if this happened a few weeks/months ago, I think your blog entry would have been rather negative and angry. But instead, I see that you are trying to keep yourself together. =) It's not easy, bro, but I admire your effort. I really twitched as I read how your day went, from one incident to another. Hope your ankle is healing..

Take care of yourself, and keep this spirit going. It's hard to be positive, but it carries you further. =)

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha... Thanks Nat... But there's really no use crying over spilt milk... =)

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home