Saturday, February 17, 2007

This feeling...

The feeling of giving is always better than taking something from someone. Today's visit to my aunt's place really made me feel really good about my character. To think of others more than yourself makes people around you happy, which in turn, makes me happy. But happy things don't come just as easy. You have to work for it, thus it's tiring to keep on giving in so much enthusiasm. It in turn, also makes me feel much older than I usually feel. It's as if I've all grown up and seeing the younger ones taking over my place as an "energetic individual". Though there's so much more to accept and consider, it is how we as individuals have to live through. One of my relatives, Marianne, lived in UK all her life and is visiting Singapore for the first time. She looks awfully like an Asian but with fluent British accent. The thing about her is that her level of tolerance was remarkably better than I am. Marianne mentioned that UK's studies were very hard, but my mom emphasized that Singapore's studies were much harder than UK's (not necessarily true, it's just her own opinion). I was on the brink of rebutting Marianne, but seeing her "accepting" the idea of Singapore's studies were harder, made me realized that I was a little bit too impulsive and stereotype. Tolerance and acceptance is what we should learn to have. Only then that we can see through many barriers that inhibits every group.

But giving is a double edged sword. Giving too much makes you vulnerable, people just takes advantage of you without noticing the effort you fork out for them. The term "survival of the fittest" blinds everyone from the hard work and time one would fork out for them. Energy can be replenished but time cannot. If the person doesn't appreciate your hard work, it's best not to provide them with your hard work at all... They will be discarding it anyway...

The choice of giving is then very doubtful...

The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home