Sunday, August 13, 2006

A successful orientation yet ironic lost...

Somehow, I think we weren't lousy or unprofessional. I've seen my seniors and they one of the wonderful batches I've ever seen. Take Alvin for example, he is enthusiastic and always willing to take taht extra mile to give us that little extra support. And Xiao Kai who never fails to be supportive as well. Yet the freshmen seemed so unappreciative of the things we set for them. Did perfection or percaution spoil the fun for them? Or are we not "attractive" enough to get their attention? Seniors play great roles in OGs, especially when controlling them. They are called OGLs not only to pass down messages from the comm members but also a form of a leader to the small group. If the OGL goes hay wire, they freshmen will follow too. If they isolate themselves in their ogs, then they will not learn the true meaning of friendship and what Science Faculty spirit is all about. Teaching them about Rag, too, deepens the spirit even more. It showers the freshmen on the pain and sweat used/planted into Rag. The hours spent and fatigue gained can bring tears to all of us when we do not fulfill our hopes.
My title explains the ironic scenario of us being satisfied with our projects (SOW, FLAG & RAG) yet the lack of spirit in the air as well as our lovely chancellors shield. Though we would be fighting even harder next year, we would not feel the same for the next one year. After all that stay overs in school for SOW preparation and RAG, my attachment/feeling for science has increased dramatically. With such a lovely comm and friends for seniors, I feel more of home in school than my original home. Even sleeping on the floor with my sleeping bag doesn't feel that all bad. I would never forget that feeling as it will remain in my heart for years to come...
My last project is to produce the dvd... I need to get started on that project as I wouldn't like the freshmen to keep on waiting. Unfortunately, there's not much ideas in my head right now.. I'm kind of put off by lots of things and kind of influences my feel for carrying on the project. However, I would still fulfill my promise to SOW and will put my last full attention and pride in doing this DVD. It will be a great one...
Somehow, I believe this year's not going to be quite a good one but still lets keep our spirits high. You wouldn't know, things change, so do people...

Tired, Blur and Zombiefied
The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home