Wednesday, December 13, 2006

In the eyes of the sky..

Peaceful yet boring day today.. Like any other days, there's nothing much to do without friends. Where's my friends? All of them have their own set of friends... Likewise I should be hanging out with my own, but most of them are in the other university, it's hard to get them then. I really miss our basketball times when I get to be the driver and my friend, SY, would be the passer, Ah Pet as the assistance cum shooter, ZY as the center. Those excellerating times, gone...

The sky looks so peaceful sometimes... Clouds float by like gigantic sheeps having fun up there. Yet, it is too peaceful, too peaceful that you just want to watch it with someone; talk about life and what is the next big thing in life... Sometimes life can surprise me very well, so well that it takes me some time to adjust. Seems so strange yet fruitful when the power of words can change one's mind for the better. Yet for me, mere words can't change any part of my life.

My laptop's still in the care centre, can't believe that it had to have problems right now. I've a design and DVDs to copy yet the only source of progressing is the availibility of my laptop. Crap... Must have been the tiresome, long days & nights that my laptop accompanied me throughout the whole 1 1/2 years. I really appreciate the help my laptop gave to me, I really thank it very much...

Christmas is coming, I did something different last year, guess this year I'm not really in the mood to do anything. Firstly, because I have reservist during the week (though it'll still be a holiday for me), I don't have a single idea what to get for anyone, I don't have anyone to celebrate with and I I have no idea where to go on that day. I'm rather a passive person now, especially when it comes to bringing people out. I enjoy walking around aimlessly and do what I feel like doing at that point of time. Only before that, my usual routine is to plan what to do first. I.e. I usually plan before I go out, but when I go out, it depends on my feelings unless I've a place to be at that particular time. Seems like this Christmas is going to be a very boring one yet again...

Susan just came back from Thailand, hope she enjoyed herself there. Judging from her nick, I guess she really enjoyed herself. Ariane's last day in SWEAT is also today. Hope she enjoyed herself too. She really had a terrible sem. I guess it goes to Ginny, Judy, Jansy and the rest. I also hope all our CAPs will increase because we really need that increment. All I need now are two easy modules to juggle with...

Family can be really good on one hand and really bad on the other. No matter how much you TALK to them, and I say TALK to them, not hit, not scold, not anything but just talk, they would say 'uh huh' but later will repeat the same stupid dumb thing again. Especially siblings... young ones. I can't tell whether it is plain dumb, egoistic or immature, they all seem so similar to one another. When things are so obvious in your eyes, yet you chose to throw yourself into the hot water, means that you deserve to be cooked. As the saying goes, "When you play with fire, you are going to get burnt" Regrets are the hardest to let go but the easiest to get attached to. If you don't play your cards well, don't learn from mistakes, not only you, but the people around you gets affected too. Maybe I'm not too well versed in this field because I don't show my feelings very well; maybe I'm just one-sided; maybe I'm a hypocrite, who knows who's right...

Christmas is all about giving, but is it just me or that saying only goes to Westerners? Have you seen the Salvation Army posts around? If you haven't, then I do believe your acting skills are really top notched. They are around, around and with bells ding-a-ling-a-ling non-stop. No matter how much they do that, nobody seems to be donating anything. It sometimes upsets me when you see the people holding onto the bells and shaking them all day without a single donation. Do we believe in giving? Do we believe in the Salvation Army? Or do we even need the posts around? Are we wasting human resources? Would it be better to ask for donations (any form of donations from food to money to clothes) from each part of Singapore through their grassroots? Would it be a success, or a total floop? Hopefully the Salvation Army gets enough through their hard work...

Throughout the years in Singapore, I see how this magnificant country changed from low levelled (in terms of heights of buildings) , spacious, peaceful place to a high-rised, clustered, modernized one. No matter how much they have changed, this country is still a nice place to be in. I'm not being patriotic, but a home is where we enjoy the comfort of the space we are given. As one would say, "It is hard to please everyone" and "everyone holds different perspective of how they should think" give rise to many discomforts around us. However, events happen for a reason, whether good or bad, there's always something good to see through any minor fault. Not that I agree to higher prices, but neither can I change the pricings, nor the government bodies find it easy to come out with a win-win solution. Some things are meant to be and have to be... We young adults and teenagers cannot see the really reason behind it only because we don't want to see it or ever consider thinking why it is like that. I'm not doing a sweeping statement, I'm just frank with my opinions, it may be wrong. Who knows... Sometimes we just need some time for ourselves to ponder about things...

I like to travel sometimes but I don't like long boring rides. I hate to sit behind a crampped car, making my ass numb while sleeping up-right on the seat. It really sucks... You can't lean, you can't sleep forward, you can't lie down, you can't move, you can't do anything. Just sit there and be a couch potato, just that it's not a couch. Anyway, I really hope I get some nice time in Selangor, there never seem to have much things to do there, especially when you can't drive there and you don't know the roads well. Not only that, the people there seldom talk your language, as in English, they usually prefer weak Mandarin, Cantonese or Malay. I only know basic Mandarin, most of my Mandarin has been returned to my teacher (I'm sorry teacher!!!). What's more, there isn't anything nice to get. Most of the items are displayed repetitively everywhere. If you can find it here, you'll find it there, there and there. Prices don't differ so they just depend on loyal customers. I don't really have much things to buy anyway. The painful part is to choose either to stay at home and rot, or go out and do nothing. ARRHHH... Can't stand it... What to do, what to do...

I wish my days would be better...

Tired
The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home