Thursday, November 30, 2006

To eat "Cai Fan" or not to eat "Cai Fan". That is the question..

I was going to have lunch with Judy and the rest but there didn't seem to have anything much to eat. So I was pacing up and down on what to eat. So I thought maybe just join the rest. Then when I stood behind Judy, she asked me this very silly question, "Why you eat 'cai fan'?" ("cai fan" = economy food, vegetable rice for direct translation). I was stunned for the next 1 min, it was like asking why is the sky blue or why do I wear black today. So I told her that we need to use a statistical analysis for this and she INSISTED in seeing. So... here it is...

We want to know whether me, thinking whether to eat "cai fan", before I bought food and after is the same AND eventually decide to buy it. So while pacing up and down, I ask myself the question, "Should I eat 'cai fan'?" For more illustration, see the table below:

I was lazy to type the workings so look below for my scribbled workings hope you can see it clearly:
X-sq = 0


At α = 0.05 level, we reject H0 if X-sq > X-sq 1,0.95.
Since X-sq is less than 3.84, we do not reject H0 and conclude that I would be eating "cai fan" after all...







BUT..... Actually I just went to Bambinos to eat baked Pasta... Hahaha... Enjoy people...

Enjoying his time now
The Mixed Boy



5 Comments:

Blogger juudee said...

wahahaa! cai fun's still the best! but end up, neither one of us ate! =p

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jo.. you are seriously one sick sick person...

jans.

8:32 PM  
Blogger -=The Mixed Boy=- said...

What the Hell... If you don't appreciate the power of Statistics then don't comment lah... Took me some time to do it leh... Haha.. Since it's only two times in your life time that you would get to be exposed to stats, should appreciate as much as you can... Hahaha... But besides all that... ANDY IS THE BEST!!! Going to miss his lectures...

11:58 AM  
Blogger juudee said...

oh dear jo, jans didnt mean to post twice, it's cos of my shaky fingers, i clicked publish twice! whoops! jo, u can count on me for more fun statistics questions next time! musnt give andy back wht he taught u guys=p

9:25 PM  
Blogger -=The Mixed Boy=- said...

Hope I can still remember then lah... ST2238 is really quite an interesting module... Come to think of it...

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home