Sunday, March 04, 2007

What I am... hypothetically...

Actually I've never thought of what I am before.. usually I just think I'm an astray human walking aimlessly with a futile goal in my life... But somehow recently, I've thought of myself more and more like an inquisitive yet unpopular statue in the midst of the world.

In the beginning, I stand proud facing the grand city and seeing everyone from my grand position. People see me as an inquisitive, unique and creative feature that brings out the characteristics of the city - dynamic, robust and enthusiastic. Not to mention sociable and welcoming. As years go by, people take less notice of me since I'm always been there and because people take for granted that the statue will always be there no matter what, without realising the true meaning of the statue. Younger generations take for granted that a statue is just a statue, nothing more than that. The harsh weather deteriorates my facade and makes me look older than I suppose to be. A smile that used to be displaying perfectly has eroded with the torturous weather. People don't see/hear me anymore... People still look at me to "appreciate" me, but they would turn in disgust when they notice anything wrong with me. People also lean on me for support, never supporting me, and also always leave behind their rubbish for rodents to manifest on. That leaves me to be friends with rodents more than the city itself. Birds rest on me but leave behind many wonderful "gifts" after their rest, i.e. carrying their shit. I feel lonely most of the time especially in the night... I wish the city would build another statue beside or in front of me. But you know what? They say that they don't want to since that they are unprepared for it and they would think it's a waste of space and time to build another statue.They would then focus more energy in what's more practical then what lays in front of them. They don't appreciate me anymore and treat me like a stand in when there's a need to... Very soon....very soon, they will tear me down and make scrap metal out of me... I'm sure of that...

The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home