Sunday, December 23, 2007

The City Harvest Church experience...

Before I start my entry, I want to say that I don't have any affiliation with the religion. In fact, I'm not really inclined to any, just don't let my dad see this haha... I've already gone to a point where I'm already a stray and don't mind being a stray. I believe there IS a GOD, but not inclined to any particular one. Besides all that, I ONLY went to the church to see my close friend perform in a live stage drama. He's always into drama just that this is the first time seeing him doing it...

The astonishing thing that I noticed in the service was that even though I find it very strange to believe in a religion, yet the people around me sang their church songs so wholeheartedly. To me, it seemed more like national day songs when people sang together in peace, harmony and unity... I like that feelings, that people trust one another and we work together to make this go round. Yet, I feel very awkward at the place where I'm standing/sitting. I just don't really know what to do, so I just remained quiet. Why do they need to sing songs to the Holy God? Think about it for a second, aren't rituals or prayers suppose to be formal and solemn? I mean it is BELIEVED to be but different religion practices different ways of prayers. I find Christianity a little... "fun". But of course, I'm still not into it.

Anyway, they were singing songs about Christmas too and it was soothing. Till you start seeing all those couples out there, makes you want to "cry" -.- Sick... Back to the part when I said about the songs, if you managed to watch the video below, if not, you can refer to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jIbbebaXBM , they were singing 'Silent Night'. The really nice thing was when the place was dark and slowly everyone passed their own flame to the one beside them to light it up. As more and more light up, the place becomes really brightly lit and it was really cool. It feels good inside. Feels like being in JC again... I really missed those councilor days... It also has the alternative notion that no matter how dark it is, as long as one holds a light (be positive), the rest adopting it can pass the light around to light up the situation. I really missed alot of things I used to do... I missed having someone to talk to without her thinking that I'm always talking about myself... I missed hugging and holding someone warm when I feel lonely and cold inside...



The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home