Thursday, April 13, 2006

Exam - The No.1 killer for students...

I've been through a week for struggling. Nothing good actually came out from this week. Such a crappy feeling. The whole week I was playing games like there's no tomorrow, always distracted from reading my notes. Then there's like a test that I have taken just now, I'll come back to that later. I gotten B for one module's essay, which I kinda think it's alright. Wednesday was the longest, most hurtful and headache week. I ended my last lecture on Biodiversity, yet not known what was going on with the module. It marked the end of the animal or plant observations and crappy tests. The rest of the day, I was stuck in the library to study my Biochemistry and Genetics. Biochemistry was terrible enough because of the numerous equations I needed to understand and memorise for the exam. That's only like 1/3 of the module. *Sigh* I restricted myself to start reading genetics @ 3pm because of the upcoming test the next day. I was feeling terrible because I really don't know what to memorise. It was like a junk of notes lying on my table and reading up on a word "Population Genetics". But the word itself is very diversed. Need to know more of the word and understand the factors that disturb or stabilizes it. I read genetics till I forgotten I had my last tutorial on the module itself. *Thanks to Sky, if it weren't for him, I would have not gone for the tutorial* I rushed down to the tutorial and listened to the last few hints to the exam. Wasn't much of a help because the Prof mentioned that he would want to see students understand the module rather than repeating what was stated in the notes. So there will be 20% worth of concept questions based on anything but within our syllabus. I nearly fainted hearing it, when we are already struggling with the present workload. What made it worse were pupils who asked specific questions on the additional notes that not many of us have touched on. Ya, most of the students, in fact they were all, foreign students asking quesitons. I'm not against anybody or anything, but when they stated asking those questions I was taken aback, knowing that there's more to what I need to read up before the upcoming test and exam. *Sigh* However, the prof gave some hints to the test which I probably should have thanked him for that. Unfortunately, his only hint or tip was "to read up your additional notes that he had uploaded" -_-||| Alrighty then, what else can I do? So I focused mostly on the additional notes for the rest of the day.
I was still at my games again... Till I returned home and looked through my Uni's e-mail and noticed that the grades for my Biodiversity CAs were out. I downloaded and looked at my results. WTH!!! I did so badly in my CAs, getting Bs and Cs and even a D for 5 tests while the rest got like As and Bs. *Sigh* It really pulled down my enthusiasm to study for the exams. Ya it's that bad... I had high expectations for this sem. Was hoping that it would be to my advantage. Oh well... The rest of the night I was so anxious and depressed that I exhaust myself to sleep.
When I woke up, I went straight to my Uni's library and studied for the test. Who's to know, I was there playing games once again. -_-||| I just don't know why am I so attached to the games... Hahaha... Anyway, @ 2pm I went for my test... The test was a pure demoraliser... 1hr 40min was completely not enough time to finish the paper. I was scribbling my scripts rather than doing them. ARRRRHHHH!!!! I really hate tests... They aren't to test how much we know rather to test how much our fear factor weighs... Hahaha... Moreover, I don't think students challenge themselves during exams. They just challenge themselves how well or how long they can with stand the nights... Hahaha... ARRRRHHHH!!!! So this week isn't my week either... I'm kinda disappointed in myself.... Don't know why I place such high expectations onto myself... Hmmm...
Today's my last day in school. I'll be isolating myself at home for the next week till my first paper... Will be ending soon.. Happy happy... I'm going to have some fun shopping and clubbing and swimming and doing lots of fun fun stuff... I don't care.. Hahaha... Alright... I gtg now... I think my friends will be going for a jog soon.. Then it'll be a game of Zero Hour before full concentration of studying.... Stay healthy and smile always...

Disappointed but keeping Spirits High
The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home