Sunday, April 02, 2006

Why? Why is there so much sorrow?

I'm just wondering... wondering why so many people around me are feeling sad. I mean, everyone has their sad side and can get very emotional. I understand there's a point when you don't even want to talk about it. but problems are meant to survive or exist in this world. Without it, the world will be just one mundane clip. Problems come from every aspect of life, be it a challenge or a task or by life chances, etc. You can't control these problems most of the time BUT you can do damage control OR try to see things in a different way. What I understand in sociology is that problems are like deviance - you need them to exist in order for you to differentiate what is good and bad, or what can be done and what cannot be done; Problems are tasks that indicate what we should do or not do, how to react or how to deal with it. Only then we can improve and be a better person. Nobody is born with everything. Even the wisest King has his bad times, so does Ghandi. But how do they tackle this problem? They will be sad, for awhile, before standing up, brush their sleeves and tell themselves, "Glad that is over". I know it's easier said than done, but if you haven't tried it, you'll never know. In fact, if it's not worth your worries, don't worry about it. If it's important, the problem will bounce back again and again, which will signal you that it's damn important. I, too, have problems. I want them to go away or in fact improve through my 9 months stint in university, but they just keep repeating themselves. You've got to pull yourself together. I can't afford to continue being sad, if I do, I'll just place more social pressure onto myself. I'm not saying you should forget about your problems, rather you should learn from it. Know what is the root of the problem then remember deep inside, what you should do the next time you face such incidence. Advice others when you see that they may come across the same problem. Knowledge is meant to be shared, not kept within. Only keeping it to yourself displays your selfish side. Now you know why they say that "It's better to give than to take". Well, actually I'm not really sure about that... Hahahaha... But then I would like to remind everyone that learning from a problem, mistake, situation, etc. can be a good thing, over-generalising or segregation of people is still based on your character. This I can't stop you from doing. Believe what you want and do what you want. I believe people will either respect or frown on it if they find it good or otherwise.
Last but not least, if you face a problem that is too hard to focus on, push that "little pause button" on your forehead, take a step back and breathe in deeply three times. Look afar or into the sky, then come back to reality and focus at the problem slowly at specific points. Never lose yourself or your patience when you THINK it's too hard to handle. Never misunderstand people's intended words as well, i.e. do not guess-fit words of others based on what they say.

E.g. What I say to friends - If I was in school, I would go for a jog.
What people might interpret - If he's in school he'll jog, does it mean that if he's not going to school tomorrow he might jog now?

It may give people the wrong impression. Ok, I just hope that everyone would cool down, take some time off before moving on again. Don't be sad always, it's not a good sight. So big yet act like children. Hahaha... With this, I'll leave you all another quote:

"Life's like that, live with it"

Tired and Snoring
The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home