Saturday, March 25, 2006

A little tat too late... Promises are meant to be broken

"One man's meat is another man's poison" similar to "One man's joy is another man's sorrow". The signs of the film ending and repeating itself is showing again. Somehow I felt that I'm a little tat too late about something. Guess it's about fate. But I don't believe in fate. I believe in what I stand for, only how much. Sometimes I don't even know why I ever bother about these things. Hahaha... I can worry or be anxious about how I'm going to clinch this "deal" but it seems like I didn't have any in the first place. Guess that I still don't have the simplest thing or character everyone possesses - a soul and the word "Human".
Some people tell me to lower my expectations. But why? So that people themselves can have the room to increase theirs? How high is high and how low is low? How normal is normal, how strange is strange and how unique is unique?
If I were to tackle this case in a sociological aspect, it would seem that I have very few in-groups and even lesser groups in general. It would also catergorise me under the term stigma and of course, a deviant. But that's all perspective, to whom and at what situations. As a sociologist, we should be impartial to all views and try to understand the real reason why people react this way. I would say that it's the norm of fellow citizens to gravitate to their comfort zone. They prefer something that is commonly known in a society and try not to imbalance the nature. But imbalancing the nature is not being deviant. You are simply just displaying another subset of your beliefs and culture. So Culture, itself, changes or shapes the society. I don't mean culture as in Islam or Buddism or Hinduism or Christianity, but cultures, norms, belifs and mores. In general, we need to take a step back and take a look around yourself - ask why people do this, why are you in such a situation? Have you "upset the balance"? Sociology itself is a very easy yet abstract subject to understand.
Promises are meant to be broken... When was the last time you hear someone say "I promise I'll be there for you" or "I promise I'll tell you next time ya?" You believe in these people, you trust these people because they are someone close to you. But in the end, they play you out, they either forgotten or just plain busy, intentionally or unintentionally. So what can you do? Of course be upset and depressed - that someone you have trust in left you out in the open, never to come back for you. But what? You going to hate that person for the rest of your life? Everyone has this imaginary "trust bank" in them. Whenever someone does something good to/for you, you'll add one "trust note" into the bank. This will slowly accumulate depending on how much that person does to/for you. The opposite goes for that person who does something that upsets you - a "trust note" is taken away from the bank. So everyone is judged consciously or unconsciously no matter whether they like it or not. But only most of the time. So if that person has negative value in your trust bank, it doesn't mean anything. Doesn't mean you hate the person but only to trust him/her lesser. It may be a little abstract but this is how life actually is, it's far more complicated then most of us ever thought it would be. We always thought it would be just grow up, get a job, get a family and then pass it on. But it's not like that. It's far from that. Globalisation has made many changes to the world. One of these major changes is people being more cosmopolitian. I agree that I too am a victim of this change. But what I mean is the views of individual to individual, group to group and society to society. We usually tend to over generalise things because we gravitate to the simplest route to understanding things. We should branch out and understand a little more about such behaviours. Not to judge or adapt but to understand first, then the choosing is up to the individual. Well, there's too much of sociology to cover then just these few points...
I don't really know what I'm talking about now. Recently, there's alot of people who are not feeling happy these few weeks. I don't really know the reason but I would wish everyone to see things on the brighter side. Ya I know I've not done that either, but I'm trying to. Many times we all felt punk'd or cheated or simply just have bad days, but there's no reason to be sad for too long. Being sad for too long only promotes more sadness around you. So cheer up everyone...
One last thing is that there are a few people who had some "trust notes" withdrawn. Well TOO BAD. That's not my problem. I may lose a few friends, that's no problem. I've just have to make new ones or just simply...... move on. Most of the time it's the latter but what the heck? Better than hoping for a miracle to happen.
As what Gwen Stafani sang,

"Running, running... As fast as we can. Do you think we'll make it..."

I think it give a tinch of spice to my whole blog - I'm running, running always and for very long. But do I really make it to the 11th slide and beyond? What is on my 11th slide?

Disappointed and picking up
The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home