Saturday, March 18, 2006

So Embaressing.... But appreciation dinner was FUN!!!!

It was on the Friday morning that I slept like 3am and woke up like 8am on the very same morning. I always thought I had two lab practicals on the same day because of the mid-term break disruption. I even brought my lab coat and other necessary items with me. So heavy. When I finally reached school at 0930hrs, I met a few friends who had lsm1103 practical the week before. I asked them how was the test and they informed me that there's two CAs at the end of the practical.... WHAT!!!!! TWO!!!! And I only knew there's one!!!! I forgotten to read up the announcement. I quickly referred to past year's papers but couldn't catch anything. As the time progresses to 10am, I packed up and rushed up to MD7 for my lsm1101 lab.
Once I reached the lab, I noticed something strange. Everyone don't seem to be ones I know from my own practical group. I place my bag down at my usual seat and I looked around for familiar faces. There's even someone who told e that the seat I took is his. Oh GOD!!! I'm in the wrong practical group!!! I re-confirmed myself with my friend and yes, it's the wrong practical group. So embaressing... I walked out and slapped my palm on my forehead... ARRRHHH!!! Dumb dumb dumb.... Since I've like 4 hours of free time, I might as well read up the remaining notes for the CA and have some games... I went to clubroom and relaxed.
Practical was swell until we met the last station, station 6. The TA couldn't communicate with us very well and his topic was one of the difficult ones, mammals and birds. We had a hard time understanding what he was trying to say. E.g. Instead of "big cat", he pronounced it as "bi-get" After the practical, the next 40 minutes, we were bombarded with two CAs consecutively, one five-MCQ paper on Animals and an Essay on our trip to Changi Beach. By GOD, it's like terrible. The MCQs were nothing like I've seen before, probably it's because I've only seen biodiversity once in my life and it is now.. Hahaha.. The answers were almost similar yet different. I was totally clueless... CLUELESS!!! The essay too... There were at least three hidden Crustaceans that I missed, really screwed. Oh well, glad that's over...
After the test, I rushed down to UCC for the appreciation dinner... The place is wonderful and the food was abundant. Simply delicious... There were free flow of beer too, but I concluded that it's meant by "free flow of beer, while stocks last", when the can just depleted and no one refilled them. Anyway, the fun part began when everyone left and there were still so much drinks and fruit cocktail to go around. I psychoed everyone to play "guess the mystery number"... HAHAHA... Super fun... There was one friend who drank 10 cups of fruit cocktail!!!! OOHHhHHhhh gross... And many more drank like 6. The game lasted for quite some time, even till the caterers came to remove all the items away. We concluded the game when the 10-cup champion emerged victory. Hahaha... After that, he could hardly sit down even.
I went back to clubroom with my senior to stay for the night. No one else stayed though.. So we had the whole place to ourselves... What we did there? We had a meeting with General Alexander (Zero Hour). Hahaha.. Non-stop action from 9+ till 2am the next day. That's when my senior wanted to bathe and pause for awhile. After bathing, I continued with the holocaust till about 4plus. My senior couldn't take it and slept at 3am. I was waiting for someone to msg me in MSN but seems my wait was futile. Hmmm... After I ended my session/meeting, I couldn't focus hard enough to even think about the slightest genetics principle. Oh no... My mind was full of "good area" & "Anymore projects" & "laying the foundation"... Hahaha.. Ah crap... That's when I dozed off.
I woke up to see my senior shaking me. He told me it's 0745hrs and he's going to have breakfast. I told him to wait for awhile so that I could come along. He was going to help out in some children outing project, where you bring small children out to a farm and back again to have games. Anyway, after breakfast in McDonalds, I accompanied a member of the organising team to set up the stations. Just so happend that I was there and it was hard for me to not help. Eventually we had a little fun with the stations, just a trial run to see whether everything was fine. Really reminds me of my Primary school days where I had bean bags on my head and hands and we were to balance them across an area, do something and come back again. Hahaha... so fun...
Well, fun has to end sooner or later, so I left and went back home... Today has been a very tiring day. But still a little reluctant to sleep or to do my report... Oh no, my deadline's coming closer, I should be more discipline. I guess I've done a small time table for myself, so it'll probably do fine with me... So that's that..

Tired & Sleepy
The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home