Sunday, March 12, 2006

Tired yet happy OPEN HOUSE!!!!

Today is one of the days that I gained alot of experience in, be it communications skills or how much more I understand the system in my faculty, I get them all in a package.

TODAY'S MISSION......
NOW LOADING. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Name : Mohd Johann S BMS
Matric No: ********
Password: ******
Nature of duty: Tour Guide & pamphalet distributor

Yup, rather simple jobs yet I learn quite a lot from it. In the morning, I woke up at 0730hrs. Was really hungover by this morning's Zero hour test...(For those who doesn't know what it is, it's just C&C general's Zero Hour, a game) Don't really want to move but I had to eventually. Was meeting my senior at the nearby bus stop @ 0830hrs. Prepared and ready @ 0805hrs, so I thought maybe just one game... Just one game lah... Wouldn't hurt right? Hahaha... So I switched on my desktop and had my army rolling...
OH GOD IT'S ALREAYD 0825HRS!!! GTG!!!! So I rushed down with my bag and wore my shoe. With bread on one hand and my bag on the other, I rushed out of the house. Fortunately, I met my senior on the same time as I reached the bus stop... *Phew* We went to have breakfast at McDonalds before going to school. What a nice sunny morning to have breakfast in McDonalds.. Woo Hoo...
Alright... In Science Faculty @ 0945hrs and still early... We put our bags in club room before spraying our air orange and blue and pasting our school's logo on our left cheek... Yeah... Look so patriotic but it's cool... Hahaha... After briefing, we started on our escapade to draw potential students to our booths... *targeting targeting* And who says that only the Navy gets to target at things hahaha... The experience I gained here is how to communicate with students who want to know about the major that I'm in right now. What would you do and where would you be after you graduate... Blah blah blah... Ya, get to explain the different things and experience they would have when they come into my major or faculty. The real fun is when you get to bring the people to one of the labs which is like very far away. But that's where you test yourself on how much you know about your faculty. You have to engage with them, ask them what they want to know abou the fac and what are their quries. I managed to answer most of them. Kinda felt happy that I'm able to help them. There was even a time that I did a special request from a lady in her 50s and she's using a walking stick. Her request was to bring her and her daughter to the lab and back again before 2pm for the Life Science talk by one of my professors. Well, I just said ok... I brought her there and back while carrying her bag... Wah.. felt my Karma going up like ten folds... Hahaha...
In the lab, the group get to see four stations. All four I've seen before, but I get to engage with the instructors and professors there too. Get to know more about them... Was so helpful and I get to finally know what the process of transgenic zebrafish is made... ALRIGHT... One experience point for me... Hahaha...
Oh it's 1340hrs, it's time for me to switch shift. I went to club room for further instructions. Was told to go over to MPSH to help out in pamphalet distribution. MPSH is one happening place, there's cool music, cool people, the DJ was on the roll and people just keep on rolling in. You'll get to see all sorts of people... Somehow it reminds me of my time where I was back in NS. Hahaha... Everyone with the cut hair. During my tour/duty, I gotten to know a few people, even people that knew my brother. Wow... So cool...
The day was coming to an end, everyone was rushing back, including the students mending the booths. All of them wanted to clear asap so that they can go home early to rest. My faculty had like two cars, a mini van and ample strong guys to help up clear everything. I was one of the strong guys, but because of my sprained foot from last Sunday's soccer match, I could hardly carry heavy stuff for long... By evening, my ankle was killing me. I had to stop once in a while to rotate my ankle... I sometimes feel like crying that I've gotten a sprained foot. I just can't bring myself to cry over small worries like this.
Once everything was in Science Fac, my comm and I enjoyed ourselves with some singing and dancing in the concourse. Hahaha... They had like cool songs, so it was impossible to stay still. I heard that the Dean(heard only) was treating us dinner for helping out for the whole event, so we were expecting a feast. Since KFC/Pizza Hut had to take like an hour plus to get over, we decided to have some shots with the camera........
Yeah, dinner arrived. What a feast!!! So much food but no matter how much food there is, we had three people reliable enough to clear out all the food... Hahaha... own it to them... cool... Dinner was over in no time. The only thing we could do was to go back home.. So I gotten my stuff and went home... I was too tired and my ankle hurt too much to even think about staying alittle while more.
Well I'm back home, bathed and all... Now I'm just blogging... Nothing much... Think I'll be sleeping soon... Tomorrow there's like 4 hrs practical lab and 2 hrs lecture... Arrrhhhhh!!! I want to play and sleep... I'm so tired.. Alright folks I gtg now... See you all next time.... Bye....

P.S. Oh I gotten all 7 badges from my faculty... YEAH!!!! I feel so happy.. They are very nice badges....

Exhausted Excited
The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home