Friday, March 31, 2006

Being sleepy is good, ZOO PRACTICAL FUN FUN FUN!!!

I think today is one of the strangest yet fun day of my whole sem. I stayed up till 3am plus to complete my lsm1101 notes as I've a test on the very same morning @ 1030hrs. I only started reading the day before because of project deadlines. Nervous and scared, I tried rushing through my notes, but the the thought of what Swami told us was rather intimedating. Thus, I continue reading. Unfortunately, from 2am - 3am, I was already sleeping, but with my eyes open. My brain wasn't functioning, but I was looking the the book. Hahaha... strange huh? I asked myself "WTH you still up for? If can't continue, just sleep. I can't care less for now..." Closed my book and jumped into bed.
I woke up about 0810hrs. I was still in the daze and groggy mood. I can't control my brain's function at all. I was literally a living zombie moving around the house. Rather fast one too. Hahaha.. But I took my bath and read through my notes one last time. Somehow there's something strange about one of the pages that Swami told us about. Besides the fact of the lipid metabolism, I was just too stressed out to memorised everything that is one the paper. I took my stuff and left for school.
The bus trip was alright. I met a practical mate that I didn't get to talk to very often. Her name was somehow modified by her Malay teacher when she was in her secondary school years. "Sayo" That's her name. Haha... So in Mandarin it's "sand oil" what does she want us to call her? Hahaha... Reached MPSH, the first thing that came to me were rumours of the previous day's event. Wasnt' what I wanted to hear, but can't control myself from rebuting their comments. Hmmmm... somehow not many people see things in a simplistic and sophisticated way. Enmity will lead to more enmity... ANYWAY, that's not what I'm blogging for... Hahaha... I knew I was going to sit somewhere in front of the test hall. And there I was, on seat number 180. The paper was out and we started doing. The miracle thing was that I found the paper rather understandable and I didn't have any difficulties on it. Maybe it was because I couldn't care less. Hahaha... I finished the paper in about 35minutes before checking over it one last time. I didn't manage to memorise everything in the notes that was required to answer the last question. Oh well... You win some you lose some. After the paper was collected, the prof mentioned the answers for the MCQ. Arrrrhhhhh... got one wrong... the answers were rather close. I knew I should have bet on the other question. Oh well... you win some..... I conclude, being sleepy during exams doesn't necessarily mean you'll do badly. Haha...
After the test, I went back to science fac to see my previous CA's mark. Crap... Wasn't what I hoped for but it's ok. Went back to clubroom to have a quick game of Zero hours before passing the laptop to my brother for his work. Oh no... No more games for tonight then... *sigh*... Besides, it was time for me to go for my practical... Zoological Gardens!!!! YEAH!!!! Been waiting for this for some time now. Though it's our last practical but I heard it's the best practical among the previous ones.
The place is very humid. Even with three-quaters and dri-fit shirt, you can still afford to sweat like a pig. I guess it's how it is cultivated to suit the animals there. So those intending to go there, don't mind the heat and sweat, the wonderful animals will pull your attention from the humidity. I don't think I can type everything in this blog because if I were to do that, I guess I would be typing till tomorrow. Hahaha... Anyway I'll just go through the main interesting experiences there.
You'll get to see so many animals and species around. *Duh...* Hahaha... But you never get to know more about them till now. Like the Puma doesn't roar at all even though it's a relatively big cat. It's species is linked more to the domestic cat. Cat hate water... Uh uh *shakes head*... It DOESN'T hate water... In fact, cats like the Jaguar swims to catch some preys. Only thing is just occasionally. Do you know that Lemur (the one you see in the movie 'Madagascar'? The King Julian? Hahaha...) is a less primate but it ressembles our feature as a primate. There's even this animal(I forgotten what name it is called) that would look around for enemies or for food before notifying their pack, by using different call signs, on how to react. There's also an area where animals are free to roam around even though humans are present. However, there's still a very big net covering the whole place to prevent animals from running away. Gotten to see the flying fox, mouse deer and butterflies. Did I mention about the gila monster? What's that you ask. It's a kind of venomous lizard. Hahaha... Unfortunately, our TA didn't explain why is it called like that (we were in a rush).

You should have been there I tell you... It was some interesting experience. Let me share this with you... We manage to see some black howling monkeys make a fool of themselves by calling out as if there was a women in distress. Hahaha.. My TA could hardly focus on what she wanted to say about the Maned wolf. Hahaha... Then there was the White Rhinoceros which pee in front of us. Wow, really looked like a running tap... Hahaha... Then you know what's the best part? After it was finished, the rhinoceros next to it came into the picture to smell the former's pee... Whao.. WTH... What does that have to mean? Then there was the famous Orang Utan which had a gunny sack on its back. As if it was some cloak or cape. Hahaha... Maybe it was just cold. And then the bird that sat on a thin piece of glass over at the Manatee's section. It was composed and calm. Interesting. Next, we went to see the Hamadryas Baboons. Wow, their ass cheeks are very big and red. But some of them are very like... Eeeeeeyer... Disgustingly big or somehow looked mutated. You can see it on the picture yourself. Oh my TA told us that when female are fertile for mating, their ass cheeks would turn bright red. In fact, there will be like a "king" (male baboon) in the pack that will move around, followed by many more females. They are like concubines to this very male baboon. Hmmmm..... You want to know the number one joke of the day? Haha.. We were going around the corner to catch a glimpse of the Spider monkey. Guess what? We managed to see a pair mating in the open. And I mean REALLY mating... The TA was talking and talking till she saw it too... Hahaha.. then we gawk before laughing among ourselves. The show was over when the monkeys turn their backs at us and stopped what they were doing. Awwwww... Hahaha... That's not what you see everyday right? Hahaha...
The day is done, now for our test. Before that, our TA asked us a question, "what animal is in the order carnivora, has carnassials but does not eat meat?" Do you know the answer? Look below for the answer:




=)






The answer is the Panda. It has carnassials, teeth adapted for shreding meat but eats only bamboo. Interesting...
Well, the test was rather easy. I know 4/5 questions. Woo hoo... I wished I knew the answer for the last question. Oh well... After the test, I got a drink from Ben and Jerry's before bording the bus back to school. *Do you know that a 'Mango and more' soothie is like S$7.90 THERE?!!!! So expensive*
Too bad there wasn't much things to do in school after that. None of the people I knew were there. Sigh.. Wanted to have dinner with someone but no one was there. So I went home. But I'm happy that I know how to do both CAs, just that I forgotten to memorised enough, and have so much fun in the Zoo. This is my last practical for biodiversity and with the same TA. I'm going to miss her. Sob... She's one fine lady who really knows her stuff and dare to venture. Hope to see her again. Now it's for me to go and have some games before I sleep or do some other things. I'll leave you all with this quote:

"The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side"

Good night people...

Tired yet Happy
The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home