Thursday, September 07, 2006

Award with no meaning but had great meaning...

What am I talking about? Today, I received a Special Mention Award from my director before he stood down from his post after one year of commitment. It never came to me that I would/should get it in the first place. First, because I know there are others that do so much more than me(sorry Geraldine, I don't mean to say that you didn't do anything lah... You did alot, you just didn't know). Second, the award, to me, was merely a paper with writings. What we experienced, was much more than what a mere paper can tell... As what my father mentioned to me recently, "So what if you do all these things, you'll get a pat on the back and soon after, they'll forget you entirely. So what is that relevant to your future?" I agree what somehow, things like this might happen. But through the whole course, we get to do things that you don't get to do when you are older. Leadership is a skill, leading is a passion, fun is in the middle of them. When you want to lead, fun will follow. Just that time is the essence, which is something my parents can't compromise to... Don't worry Science Fac, no matter what, I always support you...
Back to the topic of my comm, I hope we can support science faculty together and have fun as long as we live. I don't have much close friends who are fun seeking and you all are those close friends. I thank you all again(boss thanks) for the support and the award.

Tired yet Proud Pub Comm Member
The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home