Friday, June 08, 2007

The disturbing silence

As dawn breaks, as dawn becomes day,
Me Lord sprung out and comes to say,
"Call your grandfather, call your grandmother,
You don't know how long they'll stand through without the other"

"I'll try..." without a hint
The smile stood for a stint.
"What do you mean by a 'try'?
Say you'll do it, better than doing nothing you sly."

"Why aren't you reading those books?
National Geographic, Enid Blyton and all their cooks.
You think thee games will bring you glory,
Wait till thee grow up, then thy be sorry"

I don't know what's wrong with being oneself,
It's not degrading or provoking one's health.
I want friendship, I want joy,
Not loneliness or replacement of a toy.

Why can't people understand,
The pain I underhand,
The hopes and dreams I churn everyday,
But all there is is ashes that lay.

I can't stand it, I just can't lie,
Need to go to a place where things fly.
Took the train, bought a magazine,
Read till my mind went clean.

I looked out and saw the planes fly,
All I could do is smile yet sigh.
There's nothing much I can do there,
So I left for the other end without a care.

Appeared in the busk of people,
Some big and some little.
No one around to call "wassup"
So I settled for a Sub.

Library's the next place to be,
With comics and books to see.
Picked a book related to Psychology,
Better than history or Geography.

Read how life can be devestating and unkind,
But it all happens within one's mind.
No matter where, no matter when,
All that matters is to be happy now and then.

I find it fruitful and just,
So ends my searching task.
I returned to my very heaven,
Very long as long as 3 hours past seven.

Haven't had dinner then,
So I called up a friend.
Glad enough she agreed to come
And met her at ten pass ten.

Today may not be the best days of my life, but I think I've learnt lessons along the way. I started to understand that I'm good enough as it is, and yes I'm afraid...

The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home