Saturday, September 23, 2006

Time passes so fast, tests are coming,I'm getting tired...

I'll go back all the way to Thursday, I had a 2.4km jog with Sky and SK to start off the day. It is my only free day, but I have to come back to distribute the DVDs. Oh well, for SOW, I think it is not a chore at all. Had my lunch and then went straight to the clubroom to do preparations for the distribution. My laptop is crapping up, it doesn't burnt complete sets of the dvds anymore. I'm getting worried that my burner is burning out... So I focused on Ginny's. The process is slow but efficient. After 12pm, OGLs come rushing in to get the dvds one by one. Very soon, it was left with two ogs. I was very happy to see them flying off. Unfortunately, calls and smses start to fly in informing me of strange cases of lagging and corruption in the discs. I started to fret, but I believe it's the works of the dumb dvd or the dvd-rom. There is a requirement to be more patient with the dvd as I am 95% sure they would work. After trying on several of my colleague's laptops, there shouldn't be a problem with the videos or the program. I informed them specifically and if it still persists, just come back for an exchange. Very soon, 4pm arrived and I kept all my stuff to prepare for a longer jog with Judy and the rest. At 630pm, we started from Science faculty, up to NUH, to PGP, around Kent Ridge Hall to Arts and back to Science Fac. Basically, its the A2 route. But there was an addition to Judy and my route. At University Hall, we detoured to the track for another 8 rounds - 100m jog, 100m sprint intervals. The jog was done after awhile. My last 100m sprint reminded me of the time I did my 100m sprint in JC, the feeling was wonderful. That night, Boss told me there is a job available for us, but it had to cut into my lessons. Probably the salary was overwhelming - 5hrs for S$70. I think it was worth it. Well I did mention to him that if he is going for it, I would too, but somehow my lesson was an option to consider. Without much thinking, I was already IN the job. Oh well, what to do... That night I slept about 1plus in the morning to finish off some of my notes...

I woke up at 530am to prepare for school, I didn't want to squeeze in with those students in secondary school (though I was once one of them too). I wore my black long sleeved shirt, rolled up my sleeves, wore my black trousers, slip on my slick black Valentino belt and put on my black working shoes. I really looked like a bouncer then. This particular Friday is one of the quietest Fridays I know. There weren't anyone roaming in school, probably it was 7am that time, and no cars... I arrived at LT25 to find that there wasn't anyone in yet... Strange? Usually by 7am, there would be someone there, like Kenny. I switched on the lights and set up my laptop, there wasn't anyone arriving till 740am!!! It was SO quiet. Not only that, MUCH lesser people came for the Bioinformatics lecture that day. Cell Biology wasn't any difference, I guessed students already know it's going to be the Term break so they just gave the last lesson up to rest at home...Even with my jacket on, people still can see that I was wearing so formal. Guess trousers + Shoes = Formal, and trousers + shoes + SHIRT = Super Formal... Felt quite uneasy but I couldn't care less... The day gone by rather fast and then it was time to go for work. There was an prestigous event held in Paragon by IWC(International Watch Company). Though it was within a small area, it held with it celebraties like Zoe Tay, and important guests around the World. They were exhibiting a new project called the Pilot series, which consists of old pilot characters from the past. Don't look down on these watches, those watches may look like your ordinary classical watches but the cheapest was about 5.5k. There was one watch, a simple one that cost a few 10k... OMG... Anyway, Boss and I were just told to do some goodie bag packing and standing at places where may lead to the guest holding area. It was quite hard to distinguish the staff, production workers and the Hosts. They weren't wearing any tags and we kept restricting the wrong people from entering. I guess the most enjoyable part was to stand next to a live band and listen to their hot jazzy songs. Unfortunately, we didn't get any of the goodie bags nor the food there. The place was filled with rich people that gave us, not-so-rich people a sense of societal pressure. We were talking to the staff organising the event and they were jokingly stating that "The rich gets richer and the poor just gets poorer. You see them come here, still get free food, drinks and door gifts. People like us have to work for them. Sometimes working for them doesn't entitle us to stuff that rich people would get..." Somehow, it is rather true, but some rich people started off from scrap, like us... Boss and I didn't have dinner that night, everything closes at 10pm. Our feet were in pain, due to the run, and the shoes made it worse. So we took the train home. On the way, we met a Norwagian tourist who got lost in his way. We volunteered to guide him to the respective train lines before heading straight home. When I got home, I didn't went straight to sleep. I was talking to a few friends including Melissa. She told me something, "maybe you shouldn't look so pisst at small things, then people would not think they shouldn't get too close because you may be upset/angry..." Well, ya, it's quite true, but actually I just don't think I should show my feelings so openingly that makes me so angry at myself. Haha.. Sounds dumb lah but I already have bad experiences so I'm just avoiding it when I have the chance...

I woke up today at 12pm, that really sucks... I needed to complete my stats notes but still in bed sleeping like a pig. Ass... Sianz... I really must start on my Cell Bio and Bioinformatics notes soon. There are two tests on the first week of October. I'm going to be screwed... Shit... Alright then... I think I should go back to my books now... Wilcoxon is now my best friend, later Prof Teo and Prof Foong May would be my best friends... Haha...

Anxious and Gan Cheong
The Mixed Boy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home