Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tan made a point... I'm starting to see some light...

No matter how much I dislike him, somehow, he made some sense. I thought things thoroughly the whole night and I started to make some sense out of the project after some blastings. I e-mailed my TA this morning for a confirmation on my hypothesis. Subsequently, I tried the blastings more to see whether there's any more things I can get from it. After re-reading the guidelines and doing some thinking, I started to see some light... It was like "EUREKA!!!" I got yet another hypothesis up and tried it out. Apparently, my hypothesis holds with some of the homologs. Starting to gain my confidence back, I explained it to my group member. She, too, agrees with me to a certain extent.

My TA got back to me this afternoon and he agrees with my hypothesis. However, he disagrees with me on one of the issues and I wonder what can I do for that point. He insists that we sees my group but I'm lazy to meet up with him as it would be a waste of time. I do not want to waste any more time, I'm a near perfectionist, I go all out to be the best...

Thinking back on what Tan said, I strongly believe that he misunderstood me. I think he thought I didn't do anything yet, or tried the guidelines, and wanted a clear-cut protocol from him. That wasn't my intention as I already know what I'm doing. But I'm just afraid they might not approve the way we do things as there may have some protocol criteria to fill. Apparently, not hearing to my questions did not win him the apportunity to tackle students professionally. Making himself as an example of mockary is definitely a good example. But I guess I need to give him some credit for making me see some sense in the project.

I like to ask trivial questions to confirm something especially when it's a module I have some interest in. Asking questions make your brain think; makes you understand certain concepts and makes you believe in your hypothesis when you do your work later on. Unfortunately, this module does not have many seniors who dearly want to remember what they did the last time round. Thus, you are left you, youself and the staff. But if you keep asking the staff on how to do, you will not learn anything. You will be able to relate protocols and regegitate what is stated in the protocol, but you cannot explain why you get such results. I asked several friends about Bioinfo but most of them only can tell me up till what happens when we do a blasting with the aerogenome database. I do not know whether to be glad or upset that we are around the same stage as the majority. I hope we can buck up and hasten our project as soon as possible. I do not like to do late submissions...

Two other projects to go as well as one test this Friday, things are going to be quite hectic...

Tired
The Mixed Boy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am certain every internet user will concur with me when I call that this can be a single of the most just web pages ever. - divorce mediation

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site ought to be an deterrent example to be abided by by the rest. It sure enough puts it's standards very high-pitched. - erectile dysfunction

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home